Height: 6' 2"
Position: Point/Shooting Guard/Small Forward (1-3)
Jordan Horston is the epitome of versatility. She can seamlessly slide from positions 1-3, and at 6’2, she can even play the 4 in a small ball situation. She is extremely unselfish and finds ways to impact the game on both ends of the floor. She is a nightmare to guard in transition and presents an immediate mismatch every night. Defensively, she can guard positions 1-4 equally well and her size allows her to get her hands on a lot of balls and start the break!
2022-2023: Tennessee (SEC – D1 – Starting 5) – 15.6 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 3.3 apg, FGP: 43.8%, 3PT: 27.8%, FT: 73.9%
2021-2022: Tennessee (SEC – D1 – Staring 5) – 16.2 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 4 apg, FGP: 37.9%, 3PT: 27.6%, FT: 67.8%
- AP All-America Honorable Mention -- 2022-23
- SEC All-Tournament Team -- 2022-23
- Coaches All-SEC First Team -- 2022-23
- USA TODAY Sports Network All-SEC Second Team -- 2022-23
- Jersey Mike's Naismith Trophy Women's Midseason Team -- 2022-23
- TSWA Player of the Week (1/10/23) -- 2022-23
- Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 Watch List -- 2022-23
- Coaches Preseason All-SEC First Team -- 2022-23
- Media Preseason All-SEC First Team -- 2022-23
- USA TODAY Sports Network Preseason All-SEC First Team -- 2022-23
- Jersey Mike's Naismith Trophy Women's Preseason Watch List -- 2022-23
- Wooden Award Women's Preseason Watch List -- 2022-23
- Ann Meyers Drysdale Award Preseason Watch List -- 2022-23
- WBCA All-America Honorable Mention -- 2021-22
- AP All-America Honorable Mention -- 2021-22
- World Exposure Report All-America Honorable Mention -- 2021-22
- Coaches All-SEC First Team -- 2021-22
- USA TODAY Sports All-SEC First Team -- 2021-22
- Ann Meyers Drysdale Award Top 10 List -- 2021-22
- Jersey Mike's Naismith Trophy Midseason List -- 2021-22
- Wooden Award Late Season Watch List -- 2021-22
- SEC Player of the Week (11/30/21) -- 2021-22
- South Point Shootout MOP/All-Tournament (11/27/21) -- 2021-22
- Ann Meyers Drysdale Preseason Watch List -- 2021-22
- ESPN Player of the Week (11/22) -- 2021-22
- ESPN Preseason SEC Emerging Player -- 2020-21
- SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll -- 2019-20
- SEC All-Freshman Team -- 2019-20
- SEC Freshman of the Week (1/20) -- 2019-20
- Finished her career with 1,445 points, 731 rebounds, 455 assists, 163 steals and 109 blocks while starting 91 of 114 games.
- Tallied the No. 29 all-time point total by a Lady Vol and is one of only two players to record 1,000 points, 700 rebounds and 400 assists during a career. Alexis Hornbuckle (2004-08) is the other, tallying 1,333, 740 and 503, respectively.
- Stands No. 1 among all true guards at Tennessee with 21 career double-doubles, including eight in 2022-23.
- Finished No. 7 at Tennessee in both career assists (455) and career assist average (3.99).
- Ranks No. 8 in career 20-plus point scoring efforts with 17.
- Joined Dawn Marsh (1984-88) as the only UT players to lead the program in assist average all four years of their careers.
- Averaged 9.39 rebounds in 2021-22, a mark that ranks No. 6 all-time by a Lady Vol and No. 3 by a Tennessee junior.
2022-23 - SENIOR
- Started 33 of 35 games as a senior after bouncing back in strong fashion from a season-ending injury as a junior.
- Was second on the team in scoring average (15.6 ppg.) and first in rebounds (7.1), assists (3.3), steals (1.6) and blocks (1.1) for those playing the entire season.
- Shot a career-best 43.8 percent from the field and 73.9 percent from the free throw line and tallied career highs in blocks (38) and steals (55).
- Averaged 18.9 ppg., 8.7 rpg., 2.1 apg. vs. 10 ranked opponents in 2022-23 with five double-doubles and three 20+ efforts, pushing her two-year averages to 19.7 ppg., 9.5 rpg. and 2.9 apg. over 16 contests from 2021-23.
- Put up 19.0 ppg. and 8.7 rpg. in the league tourney to make the All-SEC Tournament Team for the first time in her career.
- Led Tennessee at 16.0 ppg., 6.7 rpg. and 3.3 apg. in three NCAA Tournament games while shooting 46.3 percent from the field and 80.0 percent at the charity stripe.
- Had a season-high-tying 27 points and added seven rebounds vs. No. 5/4 UConn on Jan. 26.
- Produced a season-high 27 points and 14 rebounds in a home win over Mississippi State.
- Turned in 26 points and 11 rebounds vs. No. 9 Virginia Tech.
- Put together 23 points, eight rebounds, four assists and four steals in an 18-point win over Colorado.
- Closed the regular season with 21 points, seven rebounds, seven assists and seven blocks at Kentucky.
- Opened the campaign with 20 points and 13 rebounds vs. No. 14/15 Ohio State in her hometown of Columbus.
- At No. 2 Stanford, she led the team in all categories with 19 points, 10 rebounds, four steals and three assists.
- Contributed 17 points and 10 rebounds as the Lady Vols knocked off No. 4/3 LSU in the SEC Tournament semifinals.
- Carded 14 points and 11 rebounds vs. No. 1/1 South Carolina
- With 14 points against Eastern Kentucky, she moved her career total to 1,004, becoming just the 48th UT player to amass 1,000 in a career.
2021-22 - JUNIOR
- Played in 23 games, starting all 23 before her season ended with a fractured dislocation of her left elbow at Alabama on Feb. 17.
- Scored in double figures in 19 contests, including seven games when she racked up 20 or more points.
- Led Tennessee in scoring (16.2), rebounding (9.4), assists (4.0) and steals (1.4) and was second in blocked shots (1.0).
- Ranked third in the SEC by average in rebounding, eighth in scoring and eighth in assists.
- Her rebound average is the third-best ever recorded by a junior in Lady Vol history and ties for the best-ever at UT by a true guard with Shelia Collins (1984-85).
- Her assist average tied as the seventh best all-time among UT juniors with Alexis Hornbuckle.
- She now stands No. 6 on UT's career list with a 4.28 assist-per-game average.
- Recorded 12 double-doubles, tying for third in the SEC and tying for third with Glory Johnson among all-time Lady Vol juniors.
- Reached another level vs. ranked opponents, averaging 20.7 ppg., 10.7 rpg., and 4.0 apg.
- Produced 16.3 ppg., 9.5 rbg. and 4.1 apg. against SEC opponents, including seven double-doubles.
- Finished with career bests in points (28) and rebounds (15) to lead UT to a comeback win against No. 12/21 Texas.
- Had 15 points in the fourth quarter and overtime vs. the Longhorns on 6-of-10 shooting to erase a double-digit deficit.
- Scored a game-high 26 points and grabbed eight rebounds vs. No. 10/9 UConn in Hartford.
- Tallied 12 of her 24 points in the fourth quarter of UT’s comeback win vs. No. 23/22 South Florida, including the go ahead and-1 with 39 seconds left.
- Led Tennessee with 24 points and 11 rebounds in an overtime home win over Arkansas.
- Managed her seventh 20+ effort of the season, posting 21 points and 13 rebounds in a triumph over Missouri.
- Paced UT in scoring with 21 points and added eight rebounds vs. Auburn.
- Helped her squad pick up a huge road win against No. 13/13 Georgia, tallying 19 points, 11 rebounds, five blocks and four assists.
- Had 14 point and 11 rebounds vs. Kansas, and 17 points, nine boards and nine assists vs. Oklahoma State, as UT went 2-0 and she earned South Point Thanksgiving Shootout Most Outstanding Player honors..
2020-21 - SOPHOMORE
- Averaged 8.6 ppg., 4.2 apg., 3.9 rpg., and 1.4 spg. while starting 13 of 25 games as a sophomore in 2020-21.
- Came off the bench the first four games, started the next 13 and then settled into a role as a key reserve the rest of the way.
- Improved her free-throw percentage from 59.3 as a freshman to 72.9 as a sophomore.
- Her 4.2 apg. number tied for third in the SEC, and she was the only non-upperclass performer within the top 13.
- Dished out 4.7 apg. in SEC play, ranking second among league performers and was the only non-upperclass player in the top 15.
- Scored in double figures 14 times in 2020-21 after only doing so five times as a freshman. Hit for 10 or more in four of her last five games a year ago.
- Cut her turnovers from 4.32 per game as a freshman to 2.72 in year two.
- Scored a season-high 14 points, dished out seven assists and pulled down six rebounds while hitting 6-of-10 shots in the road win over Alabama.
- Played well in UT’s overtime road loss at West Virginia, firing in 13 points and carding five rebounds, five assists, three steals and two blocks in 33 minutes.
- Also tallied 13 points in victories at No. 15 Indiana and vs. Ole Miss during the regular season.
- Passed 100 assists for the season against Middle Tennessee, dropping six dimes while scoring six points and grabbing six rebounds in the NCAA First Round.
- Tallied 10 points in the NCAA Second Round vs. Michigan and added three boards, two blocks, an assist and steal.
- Led UT in scoring with 11 points against South Carolina in the SEC Tournament while blocking a season-high three shots.
- Turned in 12 points and a career-high-tying nine assists against Auburn.
- Had 12 points, five rebounds and five assists without a single turnover in UT’s win over No. 2/3 South Carolina.
- Finished with 11 points, seven rebounds and three assists at No. 20/18 Kentucky.
- Was in double digits for the third-straight game against Georgia, logging 11 points, four assists and four steals.
- Played 34 minutes against Arkansas, logging 11 points, eight rebounds, five assists and two blocked shots.
- Notched 12 points, including a three-quarter court, first-period buzzer beater vs. Ole Miss in the SEC Tournament.
2019-20 - FRESHMAN
- SEC All-Freshman Team member averaged 10.1 ppg., 5.5 rpg., 4.6 apg. and 1.3 spg., starting 22 of 31 games in 2019-20.
- Ranked first on the team in assists (143) and steals (39), second in blocks (25) and three-pointers made (27), and third in points scored (313) and rebounds (170).
- Scored in double figures 15 times and led UT in assists on 21 occasions, tallying five or more dimes 17 times.
- Her 143 assists and 4.6 assist average both ranked second all-time among freshmen at Tennessee.
- Was fifth and fourth, respectively, among all SEC players in those categories in 2019-20 and first among freshmen.
- After one season on Rocky Top, Horston's 4.6 assist average ranked fourth on UT's career list.
- Closed the season by scoring a career-high 24 points against Kentucky in the SEC Tournament Quarterfinals.
- Matched her career high with four three-pointers in seven attempts in that contest vs. the Wildcats.
- Drained eight of 12 field goal attempts in netting 20 points to go along with five assists and four boards at Portland State.
- Went seven of nine from the field to pace UT vs. Central Arkansas with 17 points, five rebounds and three assists in her first career start.
- Named SEC Freshman of the Week after averaging 14 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 3.5 blocks and a steal against Florida and Alabama.
- Had 19 points in the Bama game and added eight boards, four assists, a career-best four blocks and a steal.
- Was UT’s second-highest scorer at #15/14 Notre Dame, tallying 12 points, seven rebounds, five assists and a team-high four steals.
- Recorded the first double-double of her career, producing 10 points, a career-high 14 rebounds and seven assists vs. Colorado State.
- Narrowly missed a double-double at #13/13 Kentucky, finishing with 13 points and a career-high nine assists.
- Poured in 16 points in a home win over Vanderbilt, adding four rebounds and five assists.
- Scored 14 points while dishing out seven assists and grabbing six rebounds against Georgia.
- Posted 13 points, five rebounds and two assists in her SEC debut against Missouri.
- Chipped in 12 points, seven rebounds and three assists against #8/8 Mississippi State.
- Hit a game-winning runner to lift UT to victory at Auburn.
- Member of gold-medal winning USA U17 National Team and MVP of 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup in Minsk, Belarus.
- Helped the 2017 USA U16 National Team capture the FIBA Americas U16 Championship gold medal with a perfect 5-0 record in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Played summer ball for All Ohio Girls Basketball.
- No. 2 overall player, No. 1 guard, five-star recruit by espnW HoopGurlz.
- No. 2 overall player, No. 1 guard, five-star recruit by ProspectsNation.com.
- No. 2 overall player in Dan Olson College Girls’ Basketball Report.
- Named MVP of the McDonald’s All-American Game (2019).
- Participated in the Jordan Brand Classic and Jump 25 Ohio All-Star Classic (2019).
- WBCA All-American (2019).
- Naismith First-Team All-American (2019).
- Naismith Trophy Finalist (2019).
- Gatorade Ohio Player of the Year (2019).
- USA Today First-Team Ohio (2018, 2019).
- Ohio High School Coaches Association MVP (2019).
- Jump 25 Ohio Player of the Year (2019).
- Division III Ohio Player of the Year (2018, 2019).
- Division III All-State First Team (2018, 2019).
- Division III All-State Second Team (2016, 2017).
- Columbus Dispatch All-Metro Co-Player of the Year (2019).
- Columbus Dispatch All-Metro Team (2017, 2018, 2019).
- All-Columbus City League First Team (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019).
- Africentric Early College won three state titles during her career (2016, 2018, 2019).
- Career highs include 39 points, 16 assists and 10 rebounds.
- As a senior in 2018-19, she averaged 18.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists.
- While still recovering from a 102-degree fever the day before, she tallied 15 points, 10 rebounds and six assists in the 2019 state title game victory.
- Tallied 17 points, 17 assists and 10 points in a triple-double effort vs. Eastmoor Academy as a senior.
- As a junior in 2017-18, started in all 30 games and averaged 18.1 ppg., 5.8 rpg., 4.5 apg., 5.1 spg. and 1.7 bpg. to help her team to a 27-3 record, the City League title and a state championship.
- Full name is Jordan Lynn Horston.
- Nickname is Jordy.
- Born on May, 21, 2001, in Dallas, Texas.
- Parents are Leigh and Malika Horston.
- Has one sister: Jazmin Horston.
- Jordan grew six inches during her freshman year of high school.
- Can play the drums and cymbals.
- Her dad played basketball at Capital University.
- Great uncle is the late Joe Gilliam, who played quarterback at Tennessee State University and with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Her cousin, Sylvia Crawley, played basketball at North Carolina, for USA Basketball and in the WNBA.
- Participated in Columbus State dual credit program for four semesters while in high school.
- Also participated in cross country, softball and tennis in high school.
- Majoring in communication studies.
- Recipient of the Marion D. Hoppe Winners' Circle Scholarship for Off Guards.